What better way to start the summer than with a charming village festival ?
Every year, Wangen hosts the traditional Fountain Festival in the village center. The program includes a funfair, art exhibitions, musical entertainment, artisan displays, and dining options. Wangen's Fountain Festival has the mission of preserving local history for nearly two centuries through various activities.
The festival celebrates a chapter in the communal history: the victorious end of a lawsuit initiated by Wangen to put an end to an attempt, made in 1819, to reintroduce a feudal rent. This would have compelled the small village to provide up to 900,000 liters of wine for free each year, leading to the ruin of the municipality. After seven years of litigation, in 1830, the court finally ruled in favor of the municipality, recognizing the feudal nature of this rent. Since then, the community has celebrated this victory every year through this festival, which also marks the beginning of the great wine festivals in Alsace.
Sunday, July 9, 2023
- 10:30 AM: Gathering in front of the Niedertor and procession to the Church Square
- 11 AM: Fountain Speech by Mayor Yves Jung followed by speeches from invited dignitaries
- 11:30 AM: Wine flows from the Fountain! Free distribution and, for children, apple juice fountain and Messti Wecke7:30 PM: Dance with the Blue Vinyle group
Lundi 10 juillet 2023
- 5 PM: Distribution of free attraction tickets to the village children by Mayor Yves Jung
- 6 PM: Flambéed tart evening with the winemakers
- 7:30 PM: Dance with DJ Francis Herrbresch
Ville de Wangen
Address : 44 rue des Vignerons, 67520 Wangen
Phone : +33 3 88 87 50 02
Mail : email@example.com